[Eoscstudents] Menu for Fri. Jan. 19

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Jan 19 10:33:21 CST 2007

Hi folks,

Where were you when the lights went out?  We were over here in the
Cafeteria with a roomful of electric workers, who immediately blamed it
on the other electric company!  Fortunately the lights were only out for
a few minutes this time.  Just enough to make us appreciate having them
again.  We scrambled around and found flashlights and lit candles.  We
had to shine a flashlight for a few people so they could see what they
were getting to eat for breakfast.

Be sure and gather up what you will need for the bad weather that's
supposed to his this weekend.  Don't say I didn't warn you!  We're
supposed to get several inches of snow, and maybe some sleet and rain,
too.  I noticed things were thawing out at my house yesterday when I got
off work, but you could still see lots of ice up on the surrounding
hills.  Of course all that thawing made lots of messy, slippery mud to
walk through.  Yuck!  But I guess it beats being in the deep freeze like
we have been.  I'm so very thankful that our water never froze up.  Of
course I've been running it quite a bit to keep it from freezing, so no
telling what my bill will be!

Our menu for today includes:

          Fried chicken
          Sweet peas
          Macaroni and cheese
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is Turkey Soup.

And for dessert we have German Chocolate Cake.

Have a great weekend but be careful,