[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wet Wednesday June 20

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 20 10:10:21 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

It looks like my statement yesterday that the rainy spell had ended and
it was time to dry up was a little bit premature.  I woke this morning
to a light show in the sky, and a loud thunder clap or two sent our
little dogs looking for laps to hide in.  My rain barrels are full and
overflowing and mosquitos are breeding everywhere.  And the grass just
keeps getting taller and taller, (and wetter and wetter.)   But at least
it's not really hot yet.  It got just hot enough yesterday to motivate
me to go to the beauty shop and get a shorter hair cut to try to keep
cooler.  I was way overdue for one.  I don't know how much good it will
do, but at least I feel better prepared for the heat to come.

Our menu for today includes:

             Pork loin
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Turnip greens
             Beans
             Cornbread
             Macaroni and cheese
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Chili Dogs with Chips.

And for dessert have some delicious Peach Cobbler.

P. S.  If you don't fancy what's on our menu, the Relay for Life Teams
will be having a BBQ sandwich sale in the East Cafeteria today from
11:00 to 1:00.

rw