[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Nov. 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Nov 27 09:48:15 CST 2007

Hi folks,

I was a little bit worried yesterday.  My car was acting funny yesterday
morning.  All the indicator lights were lit up and stayed lit up all the
way to work, even the "Passenger Door Ajar" one after I had gone around
and slammed all my doors with no result.  By yesterday afternoon when I
got off work, it was back to normal.  Maybe it was just too early and
too cold for it and it was protesting.  Then when I was in my living
room yesterday evening, I kept hearing a funny clicking sort of sound
coming from down the hall or somewhere close enough to make me think it
was coming from my heating unit.   (Not a good thought to have just as
it starts to get cold.)  I walked over by it and stood listening for a
minute or so before I decided that probably wasn't what it was and
walked on down the hall into the bedroom.   I had just filled up my
birdfeeders the day before and the first thing I noticed was a beautiful
red male cardinal sitting on top of the feeder outside my bedroom
window.  Then I noticed that some of our "winter guests ", (the ladybugs
that come and live with us in the winter), had gotten active and started
crawling around on the bedroom window.  The next thing I knew, that
crazy kamikaze cardinal was flying into the window!  I don't know if he
was flying at his own reflection, (I've heard of them doing that, trying
to scare off the "other bird"), or if he was trying to get at the
ladybugs that were crawling on the inside of the window!  I was glad my
mystery was solved in such a harmless manner.  (At least if he doesn't
keep doing it today and knock himself silly and one of the cats catches
him!)

I noticed on our website that Candlelighting will be this Sunday at 5:00
p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in Mitchell Auditorium.  I have seen several
performances by our music groups since I've started working here and
they are well worth coming to.  (And you can't beat the price...FREE!)
Come out and hear our wonderful student performers celebrating the
Christmas season.

Our menu for today includes:

             Meatloaf
             Scalloped potatoes
             Sauerkraut and weiners
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a Bun and try a taste of the
tropics with a helping of Coconut Crunch for dessert.

Have a great day, (I'm going to cause it's my birthday!)

Rhoda   ;-)