[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Oct. 31 Happy Halloween!

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 31 11:05:32 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Things are happening fast and furious on campus this week.  I got to see
some of the pumpkin carving yesterday.  Several groups were
participating and doing some nice work on their pumpkins.  (I'm still
wondering who the inspiration was for the "Drunken Punkin'" one group
had carved out.  It looked like it had had a bad night.

The Mr. Eastern Contest last night was hysterical.  Brenton Duncan
revealed his humorous side in the role of emcee for the event, giving
and getting a few good jibes back and forth with some of the students in
the audience as well as the contestants.   The 12 "ladies" representing
various groups on campus were as varied as night and day, but all were
interesting.  Yeah, that's a good word...interesting.  I just wonder how
they're going to explain this to their children someday.  (If there's
any chance of any of them fathering any after this.)

Don't miss the carnival this evening on campus, either.  From 3:00 to
5:00 it will be open for the enjoyment of our EOSC students, and from
6:00 to 8:00 it will be open to the public, with all kinds of events,
and booths set up.  The Cafeteria will be having a Bake Sale booth, so
be sure and come by and get some home baked goodies to satisfy your
sweet tooth.  I hope Mildred gets time to make more of her wonderful
head-sized cinnamon rolls like she did for the Chili Cook-off.

And don't forget to get by the Bookstore and enter their Halloween
Costume contest.  My outfit is the envy of all the students.  I dressed
as an EOSC Honor Grad, using my own old cap and gown, so I smell like a
graduate that has been in a cedar chest for about 20 years or so.

Our menu for today includes:

                Meatloaf
                Mashed potatotes and gravy
                Steamed cabbage
                Navy beans
                Fried okra
                Baby carrots
                Baked potato bar
                Little smokies
                Hot rolls

Our fast food is Hot Beef and Cheddar on a Bun and we have Boston Cream
Pie for dessert.

Have a safe and fun-filled Halloween,

Rhoda    :-)

P. S.  Special Happy Halloween wishes go out to Betsy and Rich Wilmes
and Marian Reeves.  Have a great day, you guys.

rw