[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. April 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Apr 10 09:59:27 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Wow!  What weather we had last night!  And it looked like we got off
light compared to some areas.  The rain was bad enough outside all night
last night, but then when I came in to work this morning, it had rained
in here, too!  It made me think of the old nursery rhyme, "Rain, rain,
go away", but we would need to say, "Rain, rain...go outside!"  This
building has a few areas that tend to leak when it rains very much, and
sure enough, they had started in at some point.  It seems that April
showers not only bring May flowers, they also bring roof leaks, floods
and tornadoes!  Hard to believe just a year or two ago, we were
desperate for rain in this area, suffering from a terrible drought.  Now
we're squishing in mud, wondering when it's going to stop raining and
storming!

With all this rain, I'd bet our pond is overflowing, and I hate to think
that because it was just full of tiny newly hatched tadpoles, and they
tend to wash out with the runoff when the pond gets too full and they're
still so small.  I remember one year I was out there with a Dixie cup
scooping them up as they washed out and pouring them back in in a safer
spot.  I know it sounds crazy, but I love hearing the frogs at the pond
singing in the spring and summer, and well, where do you think frogs
come from?

Our menu for today includes:

          Spaghetti with meat sauce
          Garlic bread
          Broccoli with cheese sauce
          Corn
          Seasoned rice
          Baked potato bar
          Chicken sandwich
          French fries

And for dessert you've got to try some of this wonderful Peaches and
Cream Cake.  This could be your new favorite dessert.