[Eoscstudents] Menu for Earth Day Tues. April 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 22 09:56:32 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Happy Earth Day!  Today would be a great day to think about what you can
do to make our planet a better place to live for not only us, but future
generations.   Even a small step is a start.  Recycling aluminum cans is
one way to help conserve the natural resources of our planet, and make
some extra money at the same time.  Our PAWS group has been saving and
recycling cans for some time now to help get money to feed and care for
the homeless dogs we take in.  It helps us and the dogs, and it helps
clean up our planet.  Another thing you could try is to switch from old
fashioned light bulbs to the new "squiggly" energy-saving ones.  They
cost more, but they use less electricity and I can testify that you
don't have to change them near as often.  (Being on the short side, I
pay attention to how many times I have to climb up in a chair or two to
do this chore, and I'm very happy I decided to change to the new longer
lasting, energy saving bulbs.)  It seems like if a light bulb ever
burned out, it was always right after my husband left for work, and I
really hated it when it was the bathroom light.  It's a small room with
no windows, so when the light goes out in there, it's dark!

I spoke with Mr. Skip Evans, the fellow whose Rottweiler, Charity, ran
away from the scene of his pickup accident on April 3 and he still has
not been reunited with her.  Please help keep an eye out for a lost,
scared Rottweiler.  She needs to get back home.

Our menu for today includes:

          Meatloaf
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Carrots
          Garden blend rice
          Broccoli and cheese
          Sweet peas
          Hot rolls
          Meat and cheese nachos

And for dessert, have a piece of Chocolate Pie.

Have a great day,

Rhoda  :-)