[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. Aug. 15 Lunch and Dinner

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Aug 15 10:08:37 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Well, we got a little of the promised rain last night, and have a good
chance of getting more over the weekend.  It's been so nice and cool in
the evenings, feeling like fall, that I just want to go kicking around
in the leaves outside.  (They haven't turned pretty colors, but they've
died from the previous heat and fallen off anyway.)

I'm still trying to adjust my sleeping schedule after changing my work
hours, and this morning I almost hit the ceiling when my daughter's
alarm went off.  Mainly because it's a bloodcurdling scream coming from
her cell phone which happened to be on the headboard of my bed!  When I
asked her what in the world that was, she said it was her alarm.  When I
asked her why, she said, "Because it works."  No argument there.

I really enjoyed the Top Ten List Eddie Woods sent out of things to look
forward to here at Eastern this year.  He really nailed it on all
counts.  Keep up the good work, Eddie!

We have a few birthdays coming up this weekend for members of our EOSC
family.  Ali Martinez, Carolyn Prock and Maurice Hawthorne will all
celebrate a birthday on Sunday.  I hope they all have a very enjoyable
"Big Day".

Our menu for Lunch today includes:
             Salmon patties
             Chicken smackers
             Green beans and new potatoes
             Sauerkraut and little smokies
             Cornbread
             Loaded baked potato
             French fries
             Pinto beans
             Corn
And for dessert have a luscious piece of Chocolate Cake.

Dinner this evening will include:
                Hamburgers
                French fries
And Cookies for dessert.