[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. March 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Mar 7 10:06:02 CST 2008

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all here today, as the early morning report that campus
was closed turned out to be false.  Someone is probably sitting at home
giggling over having pulled a fast one on some of us and gotten a free
day out of the deal.  The roads were not nearly as bad as I was afraid
they would be.  I just knew all that slush would freeze up overnight and
make driving really hazardous, but I guess the ground temperatures were
sufficient to keep that from happening.  As I was leaving yesterday at
3:00 a bunch of the students were already out getting a snowball fight
started in the parking lot.  If I'd been closer, I might've thrown some
at them myself and then peeled out before they could retaliate!  It was
sure tempting!

As far as I know the Evening with Dottie Concert is still on for tonight
at 7:00 at the Presbyterian, so come on out for an excellent evening of
music and entertainment, and support a wonderful cause.  The concert is
sponsored by the Latimer County Arts Council, a small group of people
who try to provide arts education to the local schools.

Saturday night, don't forget to set your clocks ahead (Spring Forward)
for Daylight Savings Time.  I know Kelly already sent out an email on
this, but I'm hoping that if I am exposed to the idea enough times, it
will really stick in my head and I'll actually remember to do it.

And come out and have Sunday Lunch with us here in the Cafeteria.  We
will be starting our Sunday Lunch Special this Sunday.  We'll be serving
from 11:00 to 1:30, and will be putting out a great spread for you to
choose from.  For only $6.75 plus tax per person, it's a deal that's
hard to beat.

Our menu for today includes:

            Meatloaf
            Black eyed peas
            Winter blend vegetables
            Baked potato bar
            Meat and cheese nachos

And for dessert, have a yummy piece of Chocolate Cake.

Have a great weekend,