[Eoscstudents] Workshop announcement

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Wed Mar 26 09:48:45 CDT 2008

SSS will present a workshop today, March 26, in Johnston 130 on Dress
for Success.  This workshop will be in the form of a video and we will
have refreshments available.  The workshop will also be presented in
McAlester tomorrow, March 27 at 4:00 and at 6:00 in Room 111.  So far we
have not had very much participation from the McAlester students.  Your
participation in the workshops as an SSS member ensures that we can keep
presenting them there.  Also, many of you have told me that you would
like to be active in the program but you cannot come all the way from
McAlester, so we are coming there to make it easier for you to be active
and be eligible for the grant aid.

FYI:
I am in the process of developing the list for the Trio Grant Aid
Scholarship.  All those participants who joined our program in the
summer or fall of 2007 are being considered this time.  Several of those
on the list have NO CONTACTS and will not receive the grant unless the
student comes to my office, Johnston Hall, Room 115, to visiit with me.
Also, visits with Kathy Howe, Room 118, or June Haynes, Room 111 will
count.  But the most points are received for workshop attendance,
cultural trips and tutoring.  Even if you don't work with a tutor, you
can still use our facilities.  It is a quiet place to work and the
computers are available.

If you need further information, please call me at 465-1823.

Sue Lovett, Director
Student Support Services
Eastern Oklahoma State College
1301 West Main