[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. March 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Mar 27 09:52:52 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I had a message on my phone this morning from Mildred's husband, Tony,
letting us know that she has been admitted to the Wilburton hospital
with pneumonia.   Evidently her bronchitis worsened and became
pneumonia.   We're all hoping she has a quick recovery, as this has had
her pretty miserable.  Keep her in your prayers, and I'll keep everyone
updated on her condition as I find out more.

My husband got out one of my old EOSC annuals last night and was looking
for a guy he's been working with who went to school here, John Whitten,
class of 1982?  Of course, after he got the thing out, I couldn't resist
looking at it myself just to see who I could see that I remembered or
know now that I didn't know then.  I saw several current Eastern
employees in the book, including Susie Smith, Jeff Weems, Karen (Carden)
Clark, and Brenda (Bohanon) Kennedy.  I had to laugh looking at one part
where a student commuting from McAlester was talking about the
ridiculously high cost of gas at $1.03 a gallon!  That was the good old
days!  Maybe in twenty-something more years, we'll be longing for the
days when gas was $3.00 a gallon, or maybe it will have been completely
replaced by converted used cooking oil or solar power!

Our menu for today includes:

          Chicken fry steak
          French fries
          Gravy
          Baked beans
          Okra
          Pasta
          Turnip greens
          Pinto beans
          Hot rolls
          Hard shell tacos

And for dessert have a scrumptious piece of Chocolate Cake!