[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Sept. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:13:19 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Living this far from the coast I've never personally experienced a
hurricane, but after driving home from Poteau Saturday evening, I feel
like I have.  I don't know who invited Hurricane Ike to our family
reunion, but show up he did.  He was pretty calm earlier on, limiting
his shenanigans to merely drizzling on everything, and forcing the
picnic in the park we had planned to move indoors, like it or not.
After we had left the reunion, been to Wal-Mart, and got on the way
home, we could really tell he had arrived in full force, with wind and
rain blowing right at us steadily the whole way home.  It seemed as if
there was a giant sprinkler right over the truck stuck on high.   If it
was this bad this far away, I can see why they insist that people should
evacuate from the coastal areas.  Remind me never to go down there
during hurricane season!

The birthday girl for today is Sheryl Marmon, secretary in the Physical
Plant and Staff Council Member.  She was smart enough to schedule a
vacation  for last week and this week so she could really celebrate her
birthday to the hilt.  I hope she has an excellent one, has lots of fun
and gets plenty of rest (and birthday presents).

Our menu for today includes:
             Lasagna
             Scalloped potatoes
             Broccoli
             Baby carrots
             Bread sticks
             Hot ham and cheese

And for dessert have some luscious Strawberry Shortcake or some Ice
Cream and Toppings.

Have a great day,

Rhoda

P. S.  Don't forget to dress to have your  yearbook photo made tomorrow
or the next day!  It's that time again!

rw