[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Sept. 16

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:06:17 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Boy, it's shaping up to be a great week weather-wise.  It's cool in the
mornings but nice during the day.  Sheryl really knew what she was doing
taking this week off!

Be sure and go have your mug shot for the yearbook either today or
tomorrow between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. in Mitchell 109.  Someday your
kids will want to look at your old yearbook and laugh and say,  (A) Did
you really dress like that?,  (B)  Did you really wear your hair like
that?  (C)  You used to have hair? or (D)  You used to be skinny?

Don't forget to go see the HBO movie sponsored by the Honors Club this
evening at 7:00 in Pratt Little Theatre, "Iron Jawed Angels", telling of
the struggles of women in this country to earn the right to vote.  What
a contrast to today when we have high-ranking women in both major
political parties, and could possibly have our first female elected in
November to one of the top two spots in the country!  (Unless you
believe the tabloid I saw in the grocery store yesterday, complete with
photo,  that says Lincoln was a woman.  I thought he was a pretty smart,
down to earth person.  That may explain it.)   If any of you still need
to register to vote, I believe they will have voter registration forms
available at the movie also.

Many thanks to Danny Foster and Alan Moss for the speedy and safe
removal of some of our large obsolete equipment here in the Cafeteria in
order to make room for a much needed freezer unit to be moved into
place.  They had those two big old heavy pieces of equipment out of here
without a hitch faster than I would've believed possible, and all by
themselves!   Way to go guys!

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork loin
             Mashed potatoes
             Pork gravy
             Macaroni and cheese
             Green beans
             Scandinavian blend vegetables
             Brussel sprouts
             Pasta bar
             Meatball subs
             Potato chips
             Hot rolls

And for dessert have a luscious Chocolate Brownie.