[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Sept. 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 22 11:35:49 CDT 2008

Happy Fall Everybody,

Today is the official first day of Autumn.  Thank goodness it hasn't
been as hot lately as it seems to be most years.  We've really had a
lucky break with these cooler temperatures.  I know I've really enjoyed
it.  Now if the daylight could just last a little longer instead of
getting shorter and shorter every day, I could get some yard work done.
I did get out and pull some weeds this weekend, (I suspect it was
ragweed, as I could see pollen flying from it by the tons.)  No wonder
people's allergies are driving them crazy.

Due to some shuffle ups here in the Cafeteria, I got to serve out front
this morning.  I hadn't done that in quite a while, and  it was nice to
get to see the students that come in for breakfast, (what few hardy
souls there are that can drag themselves out of bed long enough before
their first class to come and grab a bite of  breakfast.)  I almost feel
like I don't know who any of the kids are anymore.  I still recognize a
few faces from last year, but there are a lot of new ones that I'm not
familiar with yet, and most of the ones I know must be sleepy heads like
me because they don't show up til lunch!

SOMETHING NEW AND YUMMY AVAILABLE IN THE CAFETERIA NOW!   Ice cream
lovers rejoice!  We now have available for sale here in the Cafeteria
the latest thing in ice cream...Ittibitz!  (Otherwise known as Dippin'
Dots.)  They sell for $2.00 a container,  and are available in several
delicious flavors:  Neapolitan, Banana Split, Cotton Candy and Cookies
and Cream.   (These are a cash only item, sorry, you can't use your meal
card for this.)    Come in and try some.   You'll love them!

Our menu for today includes:
                Steak fingers
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Sweet peas
                Corn
                Macaroni and tomatoes
                Baked beans
                Corn dogs
                French fries

And for dessert, have some soft serve Ice Cream with your choice of
Toppings.