[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. Aug. 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Aug 14 09:55:20 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I saw on the weather report yesterday evening where Wilburton  holds the
state record for most rainfall for this year so far by at least an inch
over the runner up.  And it looked like several days next week showed
chances of rain, too.   No wonder I can still look out the window and
see green.  Usually by this time of year, there seems to be more brown
in our scenery than green.  I'm sure that's been a good thing for our
new plantings here, (most of them anyway, some plants will just be
difficult no matter what and summer is a stressful time of year to do
new planting), but I love that we have so many wonderful future shade
trees around!

I noticed that we not only got A new bench outside our building, but two
in front and two in back, along with matching trash receptacles and
cigarette receptacles.  They're really nice looking with EASTERN cut out
of the back of each bench.  Just another touch to dress up our new
building and make people welcome.

Don't forget about the book reading and signing with Donna Barnard at
The  Gallery this Saturday at 2:00 and Bikes and Bands and the Magic
Wheels Parade of Lights Saturday evening on Main Street.

Our menu for today includes:
                Beans
                Cornbread
                Scalloped potatoes