[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Feb. 4

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 4 10:02:49 CST 2009

Hi folks,

Eastern's Biggest Loser contest is about to kick off tomorrow, Thurs.
Feb. 5.  (So if you were going to pig out before starting the contest,
today's the day!)  Weigh ins will be in the Field House with Loma Messex
between 11:00 and 1:00, and the contest will run until May 14.  It will
cost $2 a week to participate, or you can pay the whole $30 up front and
get it over with.  The winner will be the person who has lost the
highest percentage of their weight, (not necessarily the most
poundage),  at the last weigh in.   This should be a fun way to get
healthier, and give you the needed incentive to go ahead and start that
diet or exercise routine you've been putting off for so long.  All
participant's weights will be kept totally confidential, unless you
really want to brag on yourself.  For more information contact any Staff
Council member, (myself, Anne Hester, Helen Scott, Sheryl Marmon, or
Zule Gomez).  We'd also like to welcome a new Staff Council member at
the McAleter campus, Lisa Gray.

Also, don't forget (pun intended) to attend the Improving Memory
Workshop presented by Student Support Service's Kathy Howe today at 3:00
in Johnston Room 130.  Goodness knows we could all use some help in that
area!

As part of Campus Ministry week, there will be a concert in Mitchell
Auditorium this evening at 6:00 by gospel group "Voice of One".  Make
plans to attend this uplifting offering.

And this Saturday evening from 7:00 to 9:00 the Latimer County Arts
Council will be hosting the annual Sweetheart Soiree at the White House
here on campus.  Admission is free, and wonderful refreshments and
entertainment will be provided, but bring some money so you can
participate in the silent auction of donated items and goodies, and vote
for your favorite decorated "tie" in the "Tie One on for the Arts"
contest".  If you're artistic and you'd like to obtain a tie for $5.00
to decorate in whatever manner you choose, just let myself or Ruth
Brelsford know and we'll get you one to enter in the contest.   As a
special treat, National Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame member, Bill Grant
will be there to perform at the gathering.  I guarantee a good time (and
great food) will be had by all who venture out for this special event.

Our menu for today includes;
             Pork ribs
             Mashed potato casserole
             Squash
             Steamed cabbage
             Navy beans
             Baby carrots
             Ham and cheese on a bun
             Potato chips
             Hot rolls

And for dessert, create your own Ice Cream dream with our chocolate or
vanilla soft serve Ice Cream and Toppings.