[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. July 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jul 23 10:22:35 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I hope a lot of you got to go eat in our new building yesterday.  I had
a waffle this morning and it was yummy!  That's going to be nice, being
able to have those wonderful waffles any morning you're in the mood for
one.  There's really been a lot of hard work going on to get us moved in
and able to feed everyone over there, and still more will need to be
done before we're really all settled in.  Our offices are still here in
the old building, but we will eventually be making the move too if I
have to use cases of canned vegetables for a desk!

Creature Feature:  If anyone out there would like a pet gerbil or
hamster I think, yesterday I got custody of  one that had been abandoned
or lost in one of the college apartments that had been vacated.  I'm not
really up on my rodents, but it's NOT a mouse or a rat.  It is blondish
and white with a short tail, and I named it Mark, since Mark Hill is the
one who made sure I got it.  (If it turns out to be a girl, I'll call it
Carolyn, since Carolyn Prock is the one who got the surprise of finding
it in a drawer she was about to clean out in the apartment!)  Let me
know if you want to give this little critter a good home.  He's a big
large for the hamster cage I've got at the house.  He fills the whole
tunnel when he crawls through it, but he seems to enjoy doing it.

Our menu for today includes:
                Cabbage rolls
                Blackeyed peas
                Zucchini and tomatoes
                Crispy cube potatoes
                Chicken strips
                French fries

And for dessert have a piece of luscious Orange Sheet Cake.

Of course, our grill menu is available.