[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. July 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jul 30 11:26:26 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Well it looks like another un-July like day, wet and much cooler than
you'd normally expect for this time of year.  No gripes from me.  I hate
the heat, it drains me, and the cold sends me into semi-hibernation.
I'm a big fan of the "medium" and that's about what it is now.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that the nasty rumor I heard is
just a bad joke on all us ladies (and guys) in the new building, that we
can't put anything on our walls!  I know I should've warned all the
ladies out there reading this to sit down before I actually put that
into print, it goes so totally against our nature.  I hope none of you
passed out from the shock.  You know that's about the first thing that
gets us excited about having a new space, is thinking what we can do to
decorate it and how we can arrange our necessities like clocks, and
bulletin boards to be most useful and decorative at the same time.  It
reminds me of a piece I read by the late great Erma Bombeck, who said a
woman could walk into the Louvre and see 5,000 paintings on the wall,
and a man could walk in and see 5,000 nails in the wall...and weep.
It's some kind of guy phobia that we ladies simply don't get, just like
having dull, bare walls drives us nuts.  Makes you wonder how men and
women ever live together, doesn't it?

Our menu  for today includes:
             Indian tacos
             Pinto beans
             Turnip greens
             Zucchini and tomatoes
             Chicken strips
             French fries
             Goulash

And for dessert try a piece of our assorted Cream Pies.

Keep dry and have a great day,

Rhoda   ;-)