[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 14 10:07:48 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Well, it looks like another wet day.  I remember lightning flashes
waking me up last night, and noticing that my clock was blinking, so
evidently our electricity got knocked out for a time.  It's a miracle we
all woke up to come to work and go to school this morning, because I'm
not at my best trying to fix the alarm when I'm already groggy.  The
a.m.'s turn into p.m.'s a lot of times and I usually don't find it out
until it's too late.  I must've gotten it right this time as we woke up
on schedule pretty much.

Today is the final Biggest Loser weigh-in on our campus, so think light,
people.  Today will determine who will walk away with the pot, bragging
rights and quite a bit lighter than they started out being, and the
winner will be announced next week.  I know I'm not the winner, I'm not
much of a dieter, but I have lost a few pounds during the course of the
contest, and started consciously thinking more about my eating habits.
I'm more inclined to resist sitting around nibbling on something now
than I was before.  Just thinking about going in there to face Loma and
seeing the scales going up instead of down makes you feel really ashamed
of yourself.  All in all, whether you're the winner or not, anyone who
participated and got even a little bit motivated to do anything to get
themselves in better physical condition is a winner.  Just keep in mind
that we only get one body in this lifetime and it has to last as long as
possible.  We have enough strikes against us with all sorts of diseases,
ailments, environmental factors, etc. waiting to sneak up and cause us
problems, without just letting ourselves get out of shape.  (And yes, I
know round is a shape, but it's not the best shape for good health.)
I'm hoping to have lost another pound or two when I go to weigh in
today.  That should put me at a weight I've been hoping to see again for
a while now, (one that I thought was just horribly huge when I was 20
and skinny, but would love to see again now that I've been above and
beyond it.)   I know there have been people asking the Staff Council if
we'll be doing the Biggest Loser again next year already, so we're going
to talk about that.  It seems to have been a really good thing, so if
Loma is still willing to work with us, we'll probably try it again.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken chunks
          Chicken fried steak sandwich
          Potato chips

And for dessert, create your own special concoction with our Ice Cream
and Toppings.

Have a great day and good luck with finals,