[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday May 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri May 15 09:33:38 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

No rain today!  At least that's what I hear, (and am hoping for).  Of
course, tomorrow is supposed to be a totally different story.  (It'll be
my daughter's 16th birthday and there's an 80% chance of rain.)  Next
week is supposed to be pretty dry and warm and I'm planning on being off
for a good portion of it.  I'll be in a couple of days or parts of days
to do some things, like turn in payroll, (for some reason people seem to
think that's really important around here), and attend a short session
on Thurs. but other than that, I'll be really scarce around here.  I'll
try to talk Mildred into sending out some sort of a menu.

I really want to be here Tuesday morning for the Biggest Loser
presentation, at 9:30 in the Administration Building.   Somebody is
going to be very happy, and should be very proud of themselves for
working hard to win this thing.  Everyone who participated should be
proud that they at least tried and probably lost a few pounds along the
way.  Now we just need to work on keeping it off and maybe taking off a
little more, or toning up what we've got.

I heard on the radio this morning that this weekend is the Italian
Festival at McAlester, if it doesn't get blown down or rained out!  I
had big plans one year several years back to go to it and when I got
there, they told me most of the tents had gotten blown down the night
before and they had pretty much called it off.  Bummer!  It's a neat
thing to go to, so try to get by there if you get the chance.

Boy the parking lot behind Johnston Hall is really clearing out, and
finals are almost over.  Everybody have a great summer!  Take some time
and do something you always wanted to, maybe go someplace you've never
been, or somewhere you'd like to get back to.  Unwind and destress, and
come back ready to learn, (or to teach).  And for those of you who won't
be coming back in the fall, have a great life with much success and
happiness and come back and see us when you can.

The original plan as far as our grill cooking goes, was to try it this
week and see how it went over so we might know how it would work when we
get into the new building.  It has gone over so well that we're just
going to keep it going, for fear of starting a riot if we try to stop.

For today the menu will be your choice of our grilled items with French
fries and cookies for dessert!

Have a great day or summer if you won't be here then,