[Eoscstudents] Community Carnival

Sally Davis sdavis at eosc.edu
Mon Nov 2 15:07:21 CST 2009

Our Community Carnival hosted about 1500 regional residents this year.
That is an awesome number of people who brought their children to our
college and our community to enjoy a safe and enjoyable Halloween.
Jones Academy alone brought over two bus loads of students who didn't
want to do anything else but go to Eastern for the Carnival.  The list
of people who made this carnival a success is so long that I will send a
general "thank you" to all clubs and club sponsors who gave up their
Saturday  and many days before to set up food and game booths, trunks
for trick or treating, two area churches that brought out their
parishoners to help us out, Extreme Inflatables who set up our fun free
stuff for people to play in, PTK for tearing down, picking up trash and
setting up and running the inflatables, Eastern Baseball for helping to
set up tables and chairs, Wilburton Chamber of Commerce, Wilburton Main
Street and the City of Wilburton Mayors office for supporting us and
producing the best "Boo Parade" we have ever had and many others who
made our Carnival the place to be on October 31st 2009.   The Haunted
Dorm was again another "smashing" success just like last year.  On
Saturday alone they saw over 190 patrons getting their pants scared
off.   I want to thank my staff.  I believe I have the best staff on
campus.  They are always willing to try any crazy idea I come up with
(even the bad ones) and have the best "we can do it" attitude I have
ever seen.  Thank you Eastern Student Services staff for making my job
easier and for ultimately making me and our college look good.  Now on
to another busy Homecoming week.  I hope you will get an opportunity to
come out and enjoy the activities at 4 pm and 7 pm every day.  Sally
Davis Dean of Students