[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Sept. 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Sep 2 09:34:01 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I wasn't ready for the rain this morning, and our little schnauzer,
Lady, wasn't ready for the thunder and lightning.  I woke up with her
shivering on the pillow next to me and had to comfort her til she calmed
down.  Funny how some pets are really afraid of storms for whatever
reason, while some of them just seem not to even notice.  The rain also
caused a neighborhood mother cat to move her kittens under my car, so I
had to back out inches at a time this morning til I managed to get them
to seek shelter elsewhere.  They wouldn't come to me so I could take
them and put them somewhere safe, so they'll just have to make do on
their own til I can get them more used to me.  Precious, the one that
likes me was curled up in the house with Ginger, all warm, dry and fed.
With rain and cooler weather, we need to watch for pets who do take
shelter under our vehicles either to keep dry or get warm, and be
careful as we rush to go to work in the mornings not to run over any of
them.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken a la King
          California blend vegetables
          Tacos
          French fries
          Chicken strips

And for dessert, have some scrumptious Chocolate Cake.

Don't forget our Grill is open from 11:00 to 3:30 Mon. - Thurs., and
11:00 to 2:00 on Fri.  We fix some great hamburgers, cheeseburgers,
grilled chicken sandwiches, patty melts, steak melts, grilled cheese,
and bacon hamburgers or cheeseburgers, served with fries, chips or a
small salad, drink and dessert.  This is available to students with meal
plans or punch cards from 11:00 to 1:15, or available for $5.00 cash to
anyone from 11:00 to 3:30, or 2:00 on Fri.