[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Aug. 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 2 09:47:16 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Can you believe it's August already?!  I can't until I step outside and
feel the heat.  Then I'm 100% convinced that it's August, and there's
Global Warming, or very definitely at least Local Warming!  I heard on
the weather report that we're in a heat wave like we haven't in a couple
of years, and I personally could've gone a couple more without seeing it
myself.  Be sure and take precautions for yourself if you have to be out
doing anything in this heat, and put out plenty of water for any pets
that have to be out in it.  I've been trying to go out when it gets
"cool" in the evenings and keep my plants watered.  Those in containers
dry out quicker than those planted in the ground, and can get really
droopy very quickly.  I'm still babying those few little tomatoes I've
been coddling all summer and a couple of them are about ready to turn
red (and probably get eaten by a blue jay or something).

We're having Resident Aide training on campus this week, so will be
seeing some of our old familiar faces back on campus if we're lucky.
Then next week, we'll be getting the whole new crop of incoming Freshmen
to get acquainted with!  That's always exciting!

We'll be having a main line meal, as well as taking orders for the Grill
today at lunch, so come on over and take your pick today.  Then this
evening at dinner, it will be Grill only.

Our menu for today includes:
             Salisbury steak
             Mashed potatotes and brown gravy
             Normandy blend vegetables

And for dessert, have a piece of Turtle Pie or Chocolate Cake.  Yum!

Keep cool,