[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 12 09:56:33 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, the first week of classes seems to be going smoothly so far.  I
believe the traditional "Mud Bowl" is the opening week activity for this
evening, although with this mostly dry, hot weather we've been having,
it's going to take some doing to make mud out of this hard packed dirt
and dust.   This is one activity that always generates plenty of fun
memories, (and memorable photographs).

Happy Birthday wishes go out to long time Biology Instructor Bill
Albright.  I hope he has an A+ birthday.  And sorry I didn't get to wish
Happy Birthday to Spanish Instructor Buddy Sandefur yesterday.  I hope
he had a wonderful day, also.  Come to think of it, we have the perfect
birthday present for him out at our PAWS pens.  He's an adorable shaggy
guy by the name of Cinco.  I bet they can communicate very well together.

If you're going to be in town this weekend, be sure and go check out the
Bikes and Bands on Main Street Saturday evening.  The Magic Wheels
Motorcycle group always does an awesome Parade of Lights, with their
bikes all lit up and decorated to impress everyone, and a variety of
bands perform for you to get out and shake a leg to.  (Eastern's own
Physical Plant Director Rudy O'Donley and his band are scheduled to
perform so go give a listen and see what he can do besides run around
seeing that things get fixed around here.)

Our menu for today includes:
            Hamburger steak
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Broccoli and cheese
            Green beans
            Carrots
            Corn

And for dessert, try some of our delicious Banana Split Cake.  It's
almost too pretty to eat, but too good not to!

Keep cool,