[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Aug. 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:03:57 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Our air conditioning seems to be on now and starting to cool things back
down.  May have to go check on our upstairs neighbors and see if they've
recovered yet.  The thermostat down here showed 84.5 a while ago, and it
was even hotter upstairs according to Dana Lewis!  Here's hoping that
the leak is found and the problem is fixed.

The picnic on Saturday was a lot of fun, especially for Judy Bornheim
and new employee Shannon Cowan, who each won a TV!  We actually had
better attendance than we had anticipated.  I'm sure all the wonderful
donated door prizes were a big enticement there.  Many thanks to all who
helped pull the event together.  We couldn't have done it without such a
tremendous group effort.  It started out just a Staff Council project,
but soon had grown to include several Picnic Committee members, and
various others, and we were especially glad to have Eddie Woods
volunteer to slave over that hot grill and cook all those hamburgers and
hot dogs for everyone to enjoy.  Many thanks to those of you who donated
cash or prizes for the door prize drawings.  It's always nice to have a
chance to win something, and there were enough prizes donated that
several employees got to win twice!

On a related note, please spread the word that I now have custody of a
nice Corning Ware dish that someone brought a dessert to the picnic in.
I just don't know who to return it to.  If you're missing this dish,
please email me and identify it, and I'll wash it (eventually) and
return it to you.  By the way, the stuff in it was very good!

I unintentionally forgot to mention the other day that Michelle Harding,
the Administrative Assistant to our Librarian, would be celebrating her
birthday on Sun. Aug. 29.  Better late than never, I guess.  I hope she
had a good one.

Our menu for today includes:
             Grilled chicken breast
             Baked potatoes
             Peas and pearl onions

And for dessert, have a piece of Magic Cookie Bar.