[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Dec. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Dec 7 10:18:11 CST 2010

Hi folks,

Boy, this being Dec. 7th, or Pearl Harbor Day, really hits me quite a
bit deeper after attending Candlelighting the other night, and seeing
their recreation of what families actually went through when this "day
of infamy" first occurred.   Let us hope and pray that there will be no
more days like that.

On a lighter note, one day down, and only four more days of finals week
left!  I hope things are going well, and our students are prepared for
their tests.  I know everyone is ready to get this week behind them and
go onto Christmas break.  (I know I am!  I am SOOOO ready to not have to
hear that doggone alarm clock for a while!  It's got to be my LEAST
favorite appliance.)

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out today to one of my favorite ladies on
campus, Mrs. Marilynn Duncan, and also to second generation EOSC
instructor, Mr. Philip Hawthorne.  I hope they both have a wonderful day.

There are several things going on on campus today, starting with the
Horticulture Department Pointsettia and Houseplant Sale in the Student
Center Lobby from  10:30 to 1:00, where you can get a beautiful
Christmas gift for someone else, or something to decorate your own home,
(it's good to have a touch of green in the dead of winter), the Phi
Theta Kappa Christmas wrapping party when PTK members and volunteers
wrap up all the much needed and appreciated Christmas gifts for families
who might not have had a very merry Christmas otherwise,  and this
afternoon at 2:00 in the Library Conference Room, there will be a Staff
Council meeting if anyone is interested in attending just to find out
what's up.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken and dumplings (Great stuff for a cold day)
          Corn
          Brussels sprouts
          California blend
          Biscuits

And for dessert, we're offering a variety of Cream Pies.