[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Feb. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Feb 9 10:15:14 CST 2010

Hi folks,

What a morning it's been for me!  First I had to pry my car door open
with a screw driver due to the freezing rain we got last night having
stuck all my doors shut.  Then I found that someone had kicked the
nozzle off my de-icer, rendering it useless, so I got my scraper and
started in on my windshield and frozen windshield wipers, only to have
my frozen wipers break pieces off my scraper!  That's not supposed to
happen!  I finally gave up on clearing more than a minimal spot to look
through, and started driving to work, without benefit of any soothing
music, since my antenna was also frozen stuck.  When I got to the bottom
of the hill, and made that right hand turn, I realized the latching
mechanism in my door was still somewhat frozen (when it flew open), so
had to drive in steering with one hand and holding my door shut with the
other.  So how has your morning been?  I figure it can only get better
from here, right?

Today is EOSC Biggest Loser weigh-in day, so get on over to the
Fieldhouse between 10:00 and 12:30 and check your progress.  (Remember
to follow all Sheryl's wonderful weight loss tips to be assured of a
good result.)

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Sandra Robertson, so someone out
there at Franklin have mercy on John and remind him so he doesn't get in
too much trouble.

Remember our special Valentine Steak or Shrimp Dinner is tomorrow
evening from 4:30 to 6:15 so bring your sweetie and come to the
Cafeteria for a sweetheart of a meal.

And if you're looking for something different to do this Saturday
evening, come to the Sweetheart Soiree at the White House at 7:00.  The
Latimer County Arts Council will once again be hosting this annual event
to raise money to provide wonderful entertaining and educational arts
related programs to area schools.  Admission is free and there will be
valet parking provided by Melissa Lee's Theatre Eastern students,
wonderful refreshments (sure to be plenty of chocolate), local author,
Donna Barnard giving a reading from her book "The Making of Okie", and
beautiful songs performed by Sarah Fazekas and Les Brelsford, and the
Tie One on for the Arts contest featuring ties decorated by various
local artists and wanna bes.  Bring some money and vote for your
favorite with your dollars.  For more information contact LCAC President
Ruth Brelsford at 465-1762, (Ext. 762 on campus.)

Our menu for today includes:
          Roast beef
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Baby carrots
          Peas
          Hot rolls

And for dessert have some luscious Apricot Cobbler.

And don't forget our Grill is open!