[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Feb. 25 Grill Open

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Feb 25 09:46:31 CST 2010

Hi folks,

I've discovered that I still can send out emails from my computer, but
nothing's coming in.  There's no telling how many emails I'll have
coming in when Jeff gets it unclogged.

 The annual Science Fair is today in the Ballroom.  I'm sure there will
be lots of interesting and educational exhibits to see, with some of the
best and brightest area young people competing to see who this year's
winners will be.

Cold as it's been lately, with more snow possibly coming in the next day
or two, I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday at the PAWS pens when I
looked at one of two shade trees planted a few years ago, and saw it
budded out all over!  (Unfortunately, the dogs got bored and ate the
other one.  I like maple too, but I prefer the syrup or a nice maple
long john to eating the actual tree.)   And I also noticed some
daffodils blooming in the yard of the little house up between the
Maintenance Building and the Meat Lab.  We'll be done with this short,
cold month in a few days, and I'm voting for warmer, dryer weather!  Soon!

Our menu for today includes:
                 Baked chicken breast
                Scalloped potatoes
                Broccoli and cheese sauce
                Corn
                Wild rice (so much more difficult to catch than tame rice!)
                Hot rolls

And for dessert, have some delicious Strawberry Shortcake!