[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Feb. 26

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Feb 26 10:04:18 CST 2010

Hi folks,

I thought Betty Eason must have been imagining things when she came in
this morning talking about seeing a snowflake falling every now and then
with the rain, but I'm definitely seeing it for myself now, (and whether
or not we're both crazy is totally beside the point.)  All I know is,
whatever's coming down out there is just going to end up making more
mud!  After the snows we've had this winter, I had to laugh when I
finally figured out what was wrong with our little shih-tsu, Chance.
When she would go outside, she was walking so slowly and carefully that
I knew something was bothering her.  It finally dawned on me that in
spite of being blind, she's gotten used to where everything is and what
it feels like, smells like, etc., and knows how to navigate her way
around her surroundings, but the snow all over everything had her
totally thrown off!  All of a sudden everything felt different, smelled
different, and took her totally by surprise.  She was walking like she
was afraid the ground was just going to open up at any moment.  Now that
she's back to normal, it'll probably snow and freak her out again.

The Student Center was a busy place yesterday with the annual Science
Fair taking place in the Ballrooms, and we'll be busy once again today
as they finish up and have lunch with us.  Then Mr. Hawthorne and
company can breathe a sigh of relief and start thinking about next
year's fair.

Thanks a bunch to Keith Lewis for unclogging my computer yesterday.  And
then the 84 emails that hadn't been able to come through popped up all
at once!

Our menu for today includes:

          Pizza
          BBQ on a bun
          Baked beans
          Tator tots
          Fried okra
          Cole slaw

And for dessert have a Chocolate Chip Cookie.