[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Jan. 12

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jan 12 09:43:37 CST 2010

Hi folks,

Things are looking up!  We're almost up to freezing already and the sun
is shining.  We may actually thaw out a little bit today!  Sometimes
though, I guess the thaw can be worse than the freeze.  (Kind of like
the cure being worse than the disease, ya know?)  Yesterday evening
right after I got home from work and my daughter and I were getting
ready to take the dogs for a walk, she looked out into the front yard
and pointed out a geyser that had just erupted from our outdoor
hydrant.  Wonderful!  We'd had water during the whole deep freeze
episode, but now that things were starting to thaw, things went sour.
My husband came out, turned the water off, and tried to undo the piece
with the fitting that had ruptured only to break something off down
lower.  Then he had to get a shovel, and do some digging to see just how
bad the damage was.  He decided we needed to run to a store and get some
parts to do the repair with, and of course, I automatically said, "Why
don't you go in and clean up and we'll go?"  Duh.  Cleaning up is a
little harder when you've just shut your water off.  But it's kind of
like when your lights go out and you automatically want to flip the
switch on and see what the problem is.  We just don't realize how much
we take these modern conveniences (or necessities) for granted til they
quit working on us.

Be sure and make plans to see the SugarFree Allstars in Mitchell
Auditorium at 7:00 this evening FREE OF CHARGE, courtesy of the Latimer
Arts Council and Eastern Oklahoma State College!  It's a guaranteed fun
and entertaining event for all ages!

Belated birthday wishes go out to Brenda Kennedy who celebrated her big
day this past Sunday, Jan. 10, in spite of the freezing weather.  And
for today, please help me wish a very Happy Birthday to Gear Up's Helen
Scott, who is also head of the Staff Council, and a real sweetheart to boot.

Don't forget our Cyber Cafe is now open to serve you until 3:30 Mon.
thru Friday unless otherwise announced.  If you have a late class and
can't make it to lunch before the Cafeteria line closes, you can stop by
the Cyber Cafe and get something yummy off the grill to tide you over,
or maybe just a cold beverage or a hot tasty cappuccino.

Our menu for today includes:
            Hard shell tacos
            Pork cutlets
            Refried beans
            Spanish rice
            Steamed red potatoes
            Winter blend vegetables
            Peas and carrots
            Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a Chocolate Pie Square or a Coconut Pie Square.
Yummy!