[Eoscstudents] WESTERN VS. EASTERN REGION II SOFTBALL GAMES LAST FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AT EASTERN:

Andy Mace amace at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:15:24 CST 2010

Hello:
Summary of Western at Eastern Region II Softball Games, both
doubleheaders played on our field at Eastern, this past Friday and
Saturday, March 5th. and  March 6th. Note: I want to thank Coach
Brittney Day and Coach Aric Thomas who worked with the softball girls
for about a week taking about 100 gallons of water off the field and
getting it ready so we could play all our scheduled Western games at
home this year,while I was in the Basketball Playoffs.

Game One: Friday, March 5th:
Eastern 3   Western 1
Winning pitcher: Kelsey Reding (3-1)  sophomore from Aubrey, Texas. Gave
up four hits and struck out four.
Hitting leader: Liz Cecil, freshman catcher from Wilburton, had two hits
and scored a run.

Game Two. Friday, March 5th:
Western 2  Eastern 1
Reding (3-2)  takes tough loss giving up only four hits again but gives
up home run in the 6th. which turned the game around for Western.
Hitting leader: Good Western pitcher only gave up 4 Eastern hits,
scattering 4 singles.

Game One: Saturday, March 6th:
Eastern 1  Western 0
Two NO. 1 pitchers have classic duel  and Reding  (4-2) wins out as she
only allows 2 Western hits.
Eastern scores go ahead run in the fifth inning as Rachel Powers,
sophomore centerfielder,  from Caddo Mills,Texas,  reaches first base on
a throwing error on the pitcher and steals second base and is sacrificed
to third by Megan Cody, freshman second baseman from Tulsa Memorial,
and scores on a double by Ashlee Faries, freshman third baseman from
Mesquite,Texas.

Game Two: Saturday, March 6th:
Eastern 10  Western 1
The Lady Mountaineers finally get to the Western ace scoring 6 runs in
the bottom of the first inning. Reding(5-2) starts this game and is
relieved in the fourth inning by Emily Gaulden, sophomore from Ethel,
Louisiana, who did nice job until Eastern finally run-ruled Western in
the bottom of the fifth inning, 8 runs ahead after 5 innings.
Hitting leaders: Kaylee Bowman, freshman from Lone Oak, Texas, has two
hits, one a double, and 2 rbi's. Faries goes 3 for 4 with two doubles.
Taylor Royall has two hits, including her first home run of the year, a
shot to dead centerfield. Powers has two hits

Eastern overall:    5-3
Region II record: 3-1   (second in Region at present, behind Seminole 4-0)

Thank you, Andy Mace, Lady Mountaineer Softball