[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. March 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Mar 10 10:06:02 CST 2010

Hi folks,

Looks like another really nice day out, but there are chances of
thunderstorms in the area this evening.  Still, the birds are singing,
the daffodils are blooming, the March winds are blowing, so get out and
enjoy it while you can.

There should be a big celebration in Sullivan today, as Pat Ratliff
celebrates a major birthday.  I won't mention any specific numbers, but
will say, I'm right behind you, kid!  Enjoy!!!

I was thrilled to see the announcement of Helen Scott, administrative
assistant in the GearUp Program, as this year's winner of  the
J. C. Hunt Award for professional/support staff person of the year, and
Leland Walker, Division Chair and Instructor for the Agriculture
Education Division, as the winner of the President's Excellence in
Teaching award, for faculty person of the year.  They, along with two
recipients of the Distinguished Alumnus Award, Ben Curtis, class of '56,
and Dr. Dan Denny, class of '77, and one recipient of the President's
Community Spirit Award, Mr. Joe Coy, will be honored at the Sapphire
Ball Black and White Gala in the Ballroom on March 27.   Make plans to
attend this event if at all possible to help honor these very deserving
supporters of our college.

After today, we just have to make it through two more days and then
we're off for Spring Break!  I'm getting excited, aren't you?

Our menu for today includes:
          Roast beef
          Carrots
          Black eyed peas
          Broccoli and cheese soup
          Hot rolls

And for dessert have a piece of luscious Cheesecake!