[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. March 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:02:34 CST 2010

Hi folks,

So far so good on the weather front.  It looks like today might be a
keeper, with temperatures getting up to around 60 and only a very slight
chance of rain in the forecast.

I got some late information yesterday that Sharon Sullivan of the
Financial Aid Office was celebrating her birthday.  I hope she enjoyed it.

Don't forget about the Spring Concert this evening at 7:00 in Mitchell
Auditorium  presented by Mr. Paul Enis and his Concert Choir, the Sound
Sensations and soloists performing a variety of musical numbers.  They
always put on a wonderful performance.

I was privileged to attend the Honors Reception at the White House
yesterday evening.  As this year's research project, this fine group of
students, under the direction of Mrs. Ruth Brelsford, had studied an
important sociological experiment that had been conducted at Robber's
Cave State Park back in 1954, and presented their findings on it.  The
presentations that I got to see were very interesting, and the catering
by our own Cafeteria staff was beautiful as well as delicious.
Unfortunately I had to leave before I got to speak with any of the
individual students on their research, but hope to get to hear more
about this experiment which is considered a landmark event in
sociological circles, but is virtually unknown in this area, where it
actually took place.

Our menu for today includes:
          Ham
          Scalloped potatoes
          Baked beans
          Mixed vegetables
          Broccoli cuts
          Tomato soup

And for dessert, have some Ice Cream and Toppings.

Have a great next to last day before Spring Break,