[Eoscstudents] Menu for Fri. March 26

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Mar 26 09:59:52 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

It looks like it will be a beautiful day outside when that fog all burns
off.  I walked over to the Business Office a little while ago and birds
were singing everywhere, so happy to see the sun shining for a change.

We're expecting several high school students to be on campus today for a
speech contest, so be sure and give them a friendly Eastern welcome if
you see them.  They'll be looking for a college to attend soon and we'd
like them to choose Eastern.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Nikki Heath, director of the
Eastern's McAlester Campus, and to our Athletic Director and Baseball
Coach, Aric Thomas.  I hope they both have a super day!

Preparations are already underway for the Sapphire Ball/Black and White
Gala to be held in the Ballroom tomorrow evening.  There should be lots
of Eastern supporters in attendance to see our own Helen Scott,
Administrative Assistant in the GearUp Program, as she receives the J.
C. Hunt Award for the  professional/support staff person of the year,
and Leland Walker,  Division Chair and instructor in the Agriculture
Education Dept., as he receives the President's Excellence in Teaching
Award.   Other award recipients will include Mr. Joe Coy, owner of Roy's
Cardinal Food Store, receiving the President's Community Spirit Award,
as well as two recipients of the Distinguished Alumnus Award,  Mr. Ben
Curtis, class of 1956, and Dr. Dan Danny, class of 1977.  Many
congratulations to these deserving award recipients and our thanks for
your contributions not only to Eastern, but to the world in general.

Be sure and come check out our new drink selections in the Cyber Cafe.
We now have a new carbonated 100% juice drink called Switch in
Watermelon/Strawberry, Kiwi/Berry, and Black Cherry flavors, in bottles
or cans for $1.25.  Try it and you may just decide to Switch from sodas
to something new and healthy!

Our menu for today includes:
          Pizza
          BBQ on a bun
          Potato wedges
          Pinto beans
          Macaroni and cheese
          Cornbread

And for dessert, have a piece of luscious Strawberry Cake.

And don't forget the Grill is open!

Have a great weekend,