[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. May 3 No Grill Today

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon May 3 10:02:48 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

It's looking like we've got a great week ahead of us as far as the
weather goes.  That might not be a good thing since this is the kind of
weather that really tempts you into playing hooky, and I know you've all
got finals to prepare for.   Don't slack off now!

Mr. Hawthorne's retirement party last Friday was wonderful.  Those
Sullivan Hall people really know how to throw a party!  They always have
the BEST refreshments!  (I need that Coffee Punch recipe!)  It looked
like there were quite a few people coming by to wish Maurice well in his
new venture, sign his memory book, chat and share stories.

Speaking of Mr. Hawthorne, I enjoyed his performance in the play Friday
night portraying President Roosevelt, and it made me think that might be
something fun for him to get involved with now that he won't be having
classes to teach and papers to grade.  Too bad we don't have plays more
often, but I'm sure they come quite often enough for those involved in
them.  There's a lot of work involved in all aspects of these
performances.  "Annie" was a lot of fun.  Those little girls, and all
the rest of the cast and crew, did a great job!   (I'm pretty sure
there's not a person that saw it that wouldn't have taken little Molly,
played by Kate Marshall, home with them.  She definitely wouldn't have
been an orphan long!)

We had quite a few guests on campus last Friday and Saturday for a
Grazing Conference in the Ballroom.  I could tell the serious "grazing"
was about to begin when I caught a whiff of charcoal smoke that
afternoon and followed it to the front of the building where a whole
group of fellows were getting ready to cook steaks for the attendees for
dinner.

Due to several employees being out due to illness, we will not be
opening the Grill today.

Our menu for today includes:
          Sweet and sour chicken
          Egg rolls
          Rice
          Oriental vegetables
          Corn
          Popcorn chicken
          French fries
          Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a piece of Banana Split Cake.