[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Oct. 27

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 27 09:42:22 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I was surprised yesterday when my daughter, Destiny, and Kim Pick's son,
Keith, popped in on me in my office.  They, along with a whole herd of
other students from Wilburton and several other schools, were attending
the College Fair upstairs in the Student Center, and had picked up a bag
of informative handouts, along with pens, pencils, etc.  from Eastern
and various other educational institutions, to help them make a better
informed decision concerning their higher education plan.

And later yesterday morning, I got to be present when the Staff Council
presented Karen Darby with the Employee of the Month award for
September.  If it seems awfully late to be presenting the award for
September with only a few days left in October, then you'll get an idea
just how busy Karen is with her recruiting duties.  There were weeks
when we couldn't pin down a time to catch her to present the award.
Finally we managed to find a few spare minutes, between the College Fair
and her afternoon "to do" list.  We had filed into the outer office
where London's desk is and quietly told her we were there to see Karen,
but before she could let her know, Karen began speaking to her from her
office, outlining all the things she still had to do that day, and it
went on and on, with her completely unaware that there was an office
full of people waiting to congratulate her.  When Helen went in to get
her, and she came out and saw us all, I think she thought she was being
confronted by a lynch mob.  She was looking to see if there was a pink
slip in anyone's hand, or a box to pack her things in.   She was both
surprised and relieved to find out the real reason for our presence in
her office.  Congratulations, and keep up the good work, Karen!

It should be a scary time on campus tonight with the Halloween Dance
scheduled for this evening.  Can't wait to see pictures of that!  And of
course, the Halloween Carnival is tomorrow evening and the Haunted Dorm
will open to take in new victims...I mean visitors.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
          Mashed potatoes and white gravy
          Blackeyed peas
          Turnip greens
          Tomatoes and zucchini
          Bermuda blend vegetables

And for dessert, have some delicious Peach Cobbler.