[Eoscstudents] paper crane update

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:05:17 CDT 2011

We had a great time in the library yesterday with origami paper EVERYWHERE!
We've made 196 cranes already and have $900 already either donated or
promised!  WOW!  We are well on our way of going over our goal of 300 cranes
and $1500.  Our deadline is May 1.  Make checks out to Eastern Honors
Program and then we will deposit funds and request a Purchase Order for a
check for the total donation.

If you want to fold, there is origami paper in Julie Lawrence's office in
Sullivan, in the Library, and in my office in Pratt.  If we need more paper,
I'll be in OKC over the weekend and will purchase more.

If you fold cranes in the library, Maria Martinez will have you sign a paper
and put your name in the hat for winning the story of Sadako, the little
Japanese girl made famous in the book and film, who died before she could
fold her 1000 cranes with a wish for good health.  It is a lovely story, so,
please, go by the library and sign up.

Thanks for all who are helping!  This is so great!

--Ruth Brelsford