[Eoscstudents] ALL SSS PARTICIPANTS

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 11 15:56:26 CDT 2011

Urgent!!!

All Current SSS Participants,

Please come by my office this week to sign up for Grant Aid for the
Spring 2011 semester.  Sign up is only for this week, April 11 through
April 15, so you must  come in this week to be considered for the Grant
Aid Scholarship.  If you do not take classes on the Wilburton Campus,
but want to receive the grant, you must make contact with me either by
coming by at 4:00 pm tomorrow on the McAlester Campus, telephone me at
918-465-1823, or e-mail me at slovett at eosc.edu.

Remember, the things that are considered for this grant are:

    1. Receiving a Pell Grant in any amount.
    2.  Still have an unmet need as determined by the Financial Aid
Office. (This is something that is determined by Financial Aid and you
won't know if you have         unmet need until you have applied, so
don't think that since your books and tuition are covered that you don't
have an unmet need.)
    3.  Be academically in good standing with the college.
    4.  Be an active participant.  (You are required to do 3 workshops
with June Haynes and 2 workshops with Kathy Howe as well as using the
services or making         contact with one of us at least 2 times
during the semester to be considered active.)  The workshops are on CD
and take approximately 30 - 45 minutes to             complete.

If you have not completed the workshops, you must contact June and Kathy
to make arrangements to complete them before the list is returned from
Financial Aid.  I will send the list to Mrs. Kelley on Monday, April
18.  It usually takes a few days to get the list back, so you will have
the rest of this week and most of next week, but you will not be
considered for the grant if you have not done the workshops!

It doesn't cost anything to apply, and it doesn't hurt to try even if
you are not sure you qualify, so please come by and sign up asap.

Sue Lovett, Director
SSS, EOSC
918-465-1823
Room 115, Johnston Hall