[Eoscstudents] update on paper crane relief project

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:09:38 CDT 2011

We just counted and have a whopping 342 paper cranes in my office.  That
doesn't count the cranes turned into the Library and the McAlester campus!
We have $985 pledged so far.  We are exceeding our goal!

But it is easier to fold paper than to raise money.  And the people of Japan
need our money as well as our hopes and prayers.  We have to focus now on
fund-raising.  Tomorrow, Honors students will "pass the hat" er, rice bowl
in the cafeteria during the noon hour.  Next week we will try to visit each
office so that all have opportunity to donate.  We need $5 per crane:  400
cranes means $2000!

Club sponsors:  start the PO process for your donation.  Make checks payable
to Eastern Honors.  When we have met our goal, we will send the entire
amount to the relief project.  Be assured that all money will go to Japanese
Red Cross.

If you want an Honors speech student to speak to your campus club or civic
organization, just let me know.

Also, I am attaching the logo for the 1000 Paper Cranes Relief Project
designed by our own Severt Dahl.  It is wonderful!  Severt graduated last
year and is now a graphic design major at SEOSU.

This partnership between current and former Eastern students is so cool!

Thank you.

--rb