[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Aug. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 1 09:50:22 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I hope you all had a great weekend, the last one of our special summer
hours, sigh, so it's back to the 5 day a week routine now.  But looking
at the weather forecast, it's definitely not time to put away the shorts
and flip flops yet.  The lowest high temperature predicted for the next
10 days or so by the Weather Channel on my computer is 104!  And there
are only a couple of those, with the rest of the high temperatures
ranging up to 110!  Be sure and put plenty of water out for any pets
that must stay outside, (more than one container is better in case one
gets knocked over), and water your outside plants.  With these
temperatures, it's going to be extremely hard on anything or anyone
having to be outside for any length of time.

We definitely discovered how serious a burn ban can be, when a stray
spark set some of the ornamental grass in front of the Student Center
ablaze last Thursday evening.  Be very careful when discarding
cigarettes or working with anything that could cause a stray spark to
catch in any combustible material.  With the dry conditions we've had, a
small fire can get out of control very quickly.

I attended a book signing at the Latimer County Public Library this past
Saturday for "Hereafter", a teen/young adult ghost story set in the
Wilburton area, and written by Tara Hudson, a first time author who has
ties to this area.  I think it's thrilling to have a published book that
uses our town as its setting, so be sure and watch for it in bookstores,
(if there are any left), and Wal-Mart.  Who knows, Wilburton could be
the next Forks!

Our menu for today includes:
            Chicken fried steak
And for dessert, have some delicious Blackberry Cobbler.

Have a great day at Eastern,