[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Aug. 23 No Cyber Cafe Today

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Aug 23 09:08:34 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I thought sure we'd get some rain yesterday, but it didn't happen at my
house.  I saw lots of lightning off in the distance on my way home,
though, so someone probably got some rain, it just wasn't where I wanted
it.  (Of course, they can keep the lightning.)  At least what rain we
have gotten has done some good.  I was surprised this morning as I was
leaving for work to see dozens of  pale lavendar petunia like
wildflowers blooming in my front yard.  They're doing better than
anything I have planted on purpose!

Happy Birthday wishes go out for tomorrow to long time Eastern Softball
(and former women's basketball) coach, Andy Mace.  I figured I'd better
get that in today, as I'll be taking a vacation day tomorrow for my
husband's and my 20th anniversary.  He took off for it, and I figured
he'd have way too much fun being on his own and unsupervised, so I had
to take off too.

Employees, don't forget to fill your Shred-It bins, since the next
pick-up is scheduled for this Thursday.  I started keeping a folder on
my desk for things that can be shredded and recycled rather than tossed
into the landfill, then periodically, I'll go upstairs and deposit it
into the bin.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork loin
          Chicken fried steak
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Broccoli and rice casserole
          Zucchini and tomatoes
          Blackeyed peas
          Hot rolls
And for dessert, have some Apple Cobbler or a piece of Jello Cake.

Have a great day at Eastern,