[Eoscstudents] Menu for week of Mon. Dec. 5 to Fri. Dec. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Dec 5 09:28:21 CST 2011

Hi folks,

In spite of seeing or hearing about 3 flocks of geese flying over
yesterday, I'm still surprised at the snow we're receiving this
morning!  Guess I should've realized that geese don't need a weather
report to know what's coming the way humans do.  And even with the snow
coming down, it's STILL FINALS WEEK at Eastern.  I wish you all good
luck and lots of right answers!  If you can make it through today's
tests, you have a great chance to cram in some knowledge and some great
food tonight at "Pillows and Pancakes", starting at 11:00 p.m. and
lasting until 1:00 a.m. here in the Cafeteria.  Come find a study buddy,
classmate, friend or maybe even a teacher and get ready for the rest of
this week's tests.

The PTK Gift Wrapping will be held today at Noon in Mitchell 119.  Get
in the Christmas spirit by going by and helping them wrap gifts for
children who might not have much under the tree this year.

Our campus will be hosting a special guest today.  Lt. Governor Todd
Lamb will be holding a "Town Hall" type meeting in the Ballroom from
2:00 to 3:00 to discuss issues of interest and concern to area
residents, so if you're not giving or taking a final, and you want to
know more about what's going on in our government, economy, etc., be
sure and attend this special meeting with one of the "movers and
shakers" of Oklahoma politics.  Ask questions!  This is an excellent
opportunity to get the facts on issues that concern you from someone
who's in the know.

A Staff Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday at 2:00 in the Library,
in Room 314.  Everyone is invited to attend, and all input is appreciated.

Wednesday will bring the annual Faculty and Staff Christmas Reception in
the Ballroom.  You don't want to miss this special event, giving
employees a chance to visit with one another and enjoy the wonderful
treats our Cafeteria staff is preparing.

Birthdays on campus this week include:  On Tuesday, Post Office
employee, David Martinez, (husband of Librarian Maria Martinez);
Wednesday, long time favorite instructor Marilynn Duncan, and Phillip
Hawthorne; and on Thursday, Leah Spencer of the Nursing Department.

Don't forget to turn in time sheets on Friday by noon so everyone will
get paid on time!

Book buybacks are taking place this week.  On the Wilburton campus,
anytime this week will work, Wednesday from 12 to 3 is designated for
buyback at Idabel, and 5 to 7 at Antlers.  Thursday and Friday from 4 to
7:30 will take care of the McAlester campus.

And this Saturday, for those of you who will still be around, Wilburton
will host "An Old Fashioned Christmas Parade" on Main Street at 6:00.

Menus for this week include:
Monday:        Hamburger steak, CYBER CAFE, assorted vegetables,
chocolate cake

Tuesday:        Meatloaf, pork loin, CYBER CAFE, assorted vegetables,
cook's choice for dessert

Wednesday:    Chicken fried chicken, CYBER CAFE, assorted vegetables,
cook's choice for dessert

Thursday:        Salisbury steak or grilled chicken sandwich and fries.
NO CYBER CAFE.

Friday:            Tacos or hamburger and fries.

Good luck with finals and have a great Christmas break,