[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Feb. 16

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:09:01 CST 2011

Hi folks,

It's cloudy today, but we're supposed to have some really nice
temperatures today and for the rest of the week, on through the weekend,
and into next week.  No more snow in sight and not too much of a chance
of rain!   I've been seeing sprouts of tulips, daffodils, etc. in my
flower beds, glimpsing birds out looking for likely looking nesting
spots, and last night I heard frogs down at our pond!  (It doesn't take
them long to thaw out, evidently!)  We're only a couple of weeks away
from March, so Spring can't be too far away.  As soon as we get all this
salt washed off that's left from our "snow days" we'll be ready for it.
That stuff is wonderful for preventing many dangerous slips and falls on
ice, but it sure leaves a mess on our floors, and keeps Lucy and Kathy
busy trying to keep the floor looking nice and shiny.

Our menu for today includes:
            Pork chop casserole
            Broccoli
            Creamed corn
            Steamed red potatoes
            Peas
            Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a piece of Strawberry-Banana Cake.