[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Jan. 5

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:41:59 CST 2011

Hi folks,

I hope you're having a great first week back at Eastern in 2011, (or
maybe a great last week still off before having to come back).  It seems
strange to think this is the "Spring" semester when it's cold outside
and all the trees are bare.  The good news is, by now, we're getting a
tiny bit more daylight each day, and I'd swear there are already birds
scoping out nesting spots outside!  I guess it pays to plan ahead.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Gear Up's George Larson.  He's a
really nice fellow and I hope he has big fun today!

Our Mountaineers and Lady Mountaineers have basketball games scheduled
for today again Mid-South in our fieldhouse.  The ladies will play at
5:00 and the men's game will be at 7:00, so if you're a basketball fan,
come on out and cheer our teams on to victory!

And the Tournament of Champions is coming up in our gym over the next 3
days, featuring some of the best teams in the state.

I've also been hearing announcements on EOSC radio for the upcoming
Harlem Ambassadors basketball exhibition game scheduled for next Tues.
Jan. 18.  This should be some show with the Ambassadors challenging a
team of local VIP's to see who can be "kings of the court".  Contact the
Wilburton Chamber of Commerce for tickets to this fun event.

Don't forget, dinner this week will be through the Cyber Cafe.

Our menu for today includes:
          BBQ and chips
OR    Pork loin
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Fried okra

And for dessert, try an early taste of summer, with some luscious Peach
Cobbler.