[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 12 Cyber Cafe Closed

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 12 09:22:01 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Finals week is winding down here on campus, and students are starting to
clear out of the dorms and head off to their summer vacations, jobs,
further educational opportunities or whatever else they may have
planned.  I'm sure there are plenty of instructors getting antsy to get
this week over with and get grades turned in, so they can start their
summer break, too.  Here in the Cafeteria we'll have one slower week
before Gear Up camp starts, followed by Upward Bound, so we'll still be
keeping pretty busy in this part of the world.  Next week our cafeteria
schedule will be from 11:00 to 4:00, so we will be open for lunch and
any afternoon cravings you may have.

Ruth Steinberger with the Oklahoma Spay/Neuter program will be at the
Wilburton City Council meeting this evening at 6:00 to present
information on a spay and neuter program for pets belonging to people
with low incomes, and what is needed to get this program to come to our
city.  Anyone who is upset by the needless killing of homeless pets
needs to attend this meeting.  Basically we are looking for a suitable
building or large room to use for this program once a month or so to
provide spay and neuter services to the many pets in this area whose
owners are struggling financially and cannot afford the regular price to
have their pets spayed or neutered to prevent more unwanted puppies and
kittens from being born.  This would be a tremendous help to the city of
Wilburton and its citizens, both human and animal.

Don't forget, the announcement of the winner of Eastern's Biggest Loser
competition will be made tomorrow morning in the Student Center lobby.
Be sure and be there to congratulate the winners.

Our menu for today includes:
            Pork ribs
 or        Hamburgers
            Tator bites