[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. May 23 Cyber Cafe closed today

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon May 23 09:32:20 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Well, I'm REALLY glad the world didn't end on Saturday as had been
predicted by some, and last night's bad storms didn't go through our
area.  I'm sure people in Joplin, MO where the tornadoes wreaked havoc
last night felt like the world was ending.  Makes me really glad there
are plans in the works for several local storms shelters to be built in
the near future.  I was trying to listen to some news of last night's
storms this morning on the way to work, flipping around through radio
channels and I noticed that when I flipped to B98 out of Ft. Smith,
there was only dead silence.  I wondered if they or their tower may have
had some damage.

Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Alan Moss of our Physical Plant.
If he doesn't watch it, he's going to catch up to me!

Today is my daughter's last actual day of high school.  They have a
Powder Puff Football game this evening at 7:00, and their Senior Trip
tomorrow, Senior checkout on Thursday and that's it for high school for
her!  Next stop...Eastern in August!

Another fun filled and educational Gear Up Camp will start on our campus
tomorrow, as the Gear Up kids continue to prepare for college and their
future.  Linda, Helen and their staff will be super busy and super tired
by the time it's over with, but it's a wonderful program and many area
children will reap long term benefits from it.  Way to go Gear Up Staff!

Our menu for today includes:
        Dorito bake
        Mexican rice
        Pinto beans
        Baked potato bar
        Fried squash
        Corn
        Cornbread
And for dessert, have some Bread Pudding.

Have a great day at Eastern,