[Eoscstudents] discussion after NICKEL AND DIMED

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:30:08 CDT 2011

I just wanted to remind everyone that Theatre Eastern's production of NICKEL
AND DIMED is really pertinent to all of us these days as we try to make ends
meet with the rising costs of everything from groceries to tuition.  And
with "Occupy Wall Street" events on the daily news while Presidential
hopefuls debate what should be done, this production is both timely and
entertaining.  I am very impressed that Melissa Lee and her students
attempted such an important play.

The Honors Program is hosting a discussion after the performance Thursday
evening for those interested in furthering the conversation about this topic
which touches all of us.  I hope, instructors, that you will encourage your
students to attend.  I hope, students, that you will want to attend.

Freshmen Hayley Cadle and Christorpher Turner and sophomore Lisa Brown will
join local businessman/entrepreneur Jim Wynn and Rev. April Coates
immediately after the show.  Please join us and "Let's Talk about It."

If you have questions, call me at x 762.

--Ruth Brelsford