[Eoscstudents] Menu for week of Sept. 26 to 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 26 09:05:56 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Wow!  It's hard to believe this is the last week of September in spite
of the cooler temperatures and shorter daylight hours!

Students, please remember that you can only use your meal card to scan
for breakfast up to 9:45.  After that, sales will be cash only.

Anyone having an Employee of the Month Nomination should turn it in to a
Staff Council member or drop it in the  Suggestion Box in the Mail Room
in Choctaw Hall this week.  Nominations should always be turned in by
the last Friday of the month to be eligible for the next month's
selection.  Anyone, whether faculty, staff or student,  may nominate an
employee that they feel is doing a superior job.
(The President, Vice Presidents, Department Heads and Staff Council
members are not eligible for nomination.)

Happy Anniversary wishes go out to Bookstore Manager, Ali Martinez, and
husband George today.  May they have many more happy years together.

Wednesday is ECU transfer day, so if you're interested in going to ECU
when you graduate from Eastern, or if you'd just like to learn more
about it, come by and visit with the ECU rep who will be here in the
Student Center lobby from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Also, Wednesday, there will be a Student Government meeting from 6:00
p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and I'm sure there will be lots of upcoming events to
discuss so make sure and have all your representatives on hand.

Thursday, will be Shred It pickup day, so fill those bins!  The bin in
our building is upstairs and I'm downstairs, so I keep a folder on my
desk for those random papers I might toss in the trash.  Instead of
trashing them, I put them in the folder and when it gets bulky, I take
it upstairs and put it all in the Shred It bin for recycling.  At last
report, Lynn Hackworth stated that Eastern had saved 99 trees by
recycling our trash paper, thus preventing many trees from having to be
cut down and turned into paper products.  Way to go, recyclers!
Instructor and Honors Club advisor, Ruth Brelsford, is very proud that
her Honor Students are getting on the recycling bandwagon, and will be
encouraging others to do the same.

Thursday evening, there will be a PAWS meeting at the Latimer County
Public Library at 7:00  for anyone interested in attending.  We'd be
glad to have other dog lovers join us.

Saturday, Eastern will once again play host to the Kiamichi Electric
annual meeting in the field house.  If you're a Kiamichi Electric
customer, be sure and attend.  You might be one of the lucky ones to win
a door prize!

Also Saturday, the Petal Pushers will be hosting a Basket Auction at the
Farmer's Market to raise money for our lovely downtown flower boxes on
Main Street.  The harsh summer weather was rough on the flowers and
shrubs and it is time to replenish some of them, so come buy a basket,
or bring a basket to auction off.

Our menus for this week include:

Monday:      Beef enchilada casserole, Mexican rice, Refried beans,
Corn, Cheese nachos, Cornbread, and Chocolate Cake

Tuesday:        Chicken strips or BBQ on a bun, Mashed potatoes and
gravy, or Fries, Baked beans, Corn on the cob, Fried okra, Hot
                rolls, and Apple Cobbler.

Wednesday:    Meatloaf, Scalloped potatoes, Pinto beans, Turnip greens,
Fried squash, Cornbread and Hot rolls, and Blackberry
                Cobbler.

Thursday:        Pork chops, Mashed potatoes and gravy, Stuffing, Green
beans, Baby carrots, Cabbage, Hot rolls, and Assorted pies.

Friday:            Spaghetti with meat sauce, Corn, Broccoli, Vegetable
medley, Garlic bread, Pizza, and Chocolate chip cookies.

Have a great week at Eastern,