[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Feb. 20 to Fri. Feb. 24

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Feb 20 09:33:42 CST 2012

Hi folks,

It looks like another beautiful day and another great week coming up
here at Eastern.  Hard to believe February's winding down already, even
though it does have an extra day this year, (Leap Year).

Today the Red Cross will be holding a Blood Drive in the Student Center
Ballroom, so be a hero and get up there and give life-saving blood for
someone who needs it desperately.

Don't forget to bring canned goods to donate to the Student Support
Services Food Drive before Wednesday.  A group of SSS participants will
be heading to our state capitol in Oklahoma City for Trio Day, and will
be delivering the canned goods for distribution to needy families all
across our state.

Also on Wednesday, we will have a tour group from Smithville High
School, so be sure and make them welcome to Eastern's campus.  We may be
seeing several of them back again in the fall!

And finally, also on Wednesday, Eastern will host special speaker, Dr.
Donnie Nero, in honor of Black History Month.  His topic will be "Walk a
Mile In My Shoes", and will be presented in the Ballroom at 1:30.  Dr.
Nero is the retired president of Conners State College.

On Thursday, be sure and listen to Freshman Dalton Shumate's (future
famous radio personality from right here in Wilburton) new radio show
from 11:00 a.m. to Noon, Dalton's Top 40 Mix.  He's doing a great job!
Tune in at www.radio.eosc.edu.

Get in touch with Dana Lewis if you'd like to participate in the Lead to
Read program where college students go to the local elementary school
and read stories to eager young listeners.  Their next trip will be this
Friday afternoon, so hurry and get signed up!

Birthdays for this week include:  Monday, Meats Lab Manager and
Instructor, Gaylon Brannon; Tues. our Assistant Director of Financial
Aid, Patricia Rector; and Friday, our favorite Pastry Cook, Yolanda Del
Rio.  I hope they all have a great day on their special day!

Menus for this week include:

Monday:        Chicken and dumplings, steamed red potatoes, baby
carrots, English peas, fried squash, hot rolls, blackberry cobbler.

Tuesday:        Meatloaf, or chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and
gravy, blackeyed peas, brussels sprouts, mixed vegetable blend, hot
rolls, fresh apple cake.

Wednesday:    Pork loin, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans,
fried okra, hot rolls, peach cobbler.

Thursday:        Beef goulash, baked potatoes, corn on the cob,
broccoli, Cape Cod blend veggies, bread sticks, cheesecake.

Friday:            Fish on a bun or hamburgers with fries, baked beans,
coleslaw, vegetable soup and cornbread, cookies.

Have a great week, and come eat with us.  We appreciate your business!