[Eoscstudents] SSS Grant Aid Alert #2

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 22 10:20:19 CST 2012

The following is the message I sent out yesterday, but I have added one
more condition to the grant.  The condition is highlighted.  This
condition has been in effect for several years, but I just forgot to
mention it in the message I sent yesterday.

Grant Aid for this semester is in the works!  I will have the sign-up
sheet ready in the next day or two, and I will let you all know as soon
as you can come by and apply for the scholarship.  However, in compiling
the list, I have found many students who have not used the services at
all.  This concerns me, because, unless you use the services, you are
not eligible to apply!  You all still have time to complete the required
workshops and make some visits with the staff here in Johnston Hall, but
you need to hurry!

The deadline for signing up will be March 16!   You must have completed
the workshops and made some visits to Student Support Services in order
to qualify for the grant by that day.  The workshops can be done Monday
through Friday from 8 am till 5 pm.  Also, students who cannot come in
to do them may contact June Haynes @ (918-465-1822), Kathy Howe @
918-465-1860 or myself, Sue Lovett @918-4651823.  Mrs. Haynes and Ms.
Howe have the workshops and can send them to you via e-mail.  Also,
Tammy Crow has them on flash drive in Idabel.  She will submit them for
you.  There are 5 required workshops and all five take only take 45
minutes to complete.

To be eligible, you will need the following:

1.  Be an active member of SSS and completed the workshops for Mrs.
Haynes and Ms. Howe.
2.  Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater.  (Come see me if you are below 2.0)
3.  Be receiving Pell Grant.
4.  Have an unmet need of at least $555.
5.  Have been in SSS for at least 2 semesters.  (Counting this one.)  If
you joined this semester, you won't qualify until next fall.
6.  The student will have no more than 70 cumlative hours at the
beginning of this semester.  (Don't count this semester's hours.)
Also, students who are not enrolled full-time will not be considered.

Do not worry too much about the unmet need.  When you come in and
sign-up, I will send your name to Financial Aid, and they will do the
math to see if you have unmet need.  Most students do, but there are a
few who don't.  This is one of the federal requirements, so it is a
must.  The Pell Grant is also a federal requirement.

Sue Lovett, Director
Student Support Services