[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Mar. 5th thru Fri. Mar. 9th

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 5 09:51:19 CST 2012

Hi folks,

What a wonderful weekend we had!  I got out and planted some pansies and
some herb seeds, just to see if I could grow anything, and to be able to
be outside enjoying the wonderful weather.

This will be a busy week on campus when Eastern hosts thousands of area
school children coming to see the Eastern Theater Department's
production of Hansel and Gretel.  Performances will be at 10:00 a.m. and
1:00 p.m. on Mon., Tues., and Thurs., and 10:00 a.m. on Wed. and Fri.
An evening performance will be held on Friday at 7:00 p.m. for the
public to attend.  Admission for the general public is $1.00, and
Eastern students, staff and faculty are admitted free.

Don't be alarmed if you see emergency vehicles and personnel swarming
around Salmon Hall today, and maybe even hear what sounds like shots.
Our local law enforcement personnel are staging an Active Shooter
Training Exercise on campus today, in the old Salmon Hall dorm,  to hone
their skills for any possible real emergencies that might take place.

ECU recruiters will be on campus today in the Ballroom from Noon to 2:00
p.m. so if you are looking for a college to transfer to after Eastern,
go up and talk to them.  ECU might be the right choice for you!

Tuesday, don't forget to go vote!  It's time to voice your opinion and
choose the candidate you feel will best lead this country in a positive
direction.

Also, on Tuesday at 3:00 and 6:00 p.m., open auditions will be held in
Mitchell Auditorium for "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream
Coat".  Be ready to read, sing and dance to earn a spot in this
fantastic upcoming production!

Wednesday, there will be a "28 for a Day" career fair on campus for area
high school students, so get ready to make them welcome to Eastern.

Shred-It will be emptying their bins on campus this Thursday, March 8.
I know the one upstairs in the Student Center, and the two in the
Mailroom in Choctaw are full already, so if you have any papers to send
off, check with one of the other areas to see if they have space for you
to use.

And don't forget, this coming Sunday, Daylight Savings Time begins!
Whoohoo!  We'll be getting an extra hour of daylight in the evenings to
get out and enjoy.  You can catch up on that hour of sleep you'll lose
when you put the hammock up.

Birthdays for this week include:   Gail Wilson of our Financial Aid
office on Wednesday, and Noreen Dollins of the Bookstore on Friday.  You
ladies enjoy yourselves!

Menus for Mon. Mar. 5th thru Fri. Mar. 9th:

Monday:        Pepper steak over rice, baby carrots, green beans, hot
rolls, apple cobbler.

Tuesday:        Smoked sausage with potatoes, onions and peppers, or
spaghetti with meat sauce, broccoli, corn, squash, garlic bread sticks,
poke cake.

Wednesday:    BBQ on a bun and fries, or chicken alfredo, steamed red
potatoes, meadow blend veggies, English peas, hot rolls, fudge brownies.

Thursday:        Chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried
okra, green beans, macaroni and cheese, biscuits, peach cobbler.

Friday:            Fish sticks or grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes,
pinto beans, cabbage, cornbread or rolls, lemon delight.

We have a full salad bar daily, with fresh fruits as they come into
season.  We are also offering meat alternatives for those who are
observing Lent.

Come eat with us, we appreciate your business!